Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Neurodivergent Love Languages

 Let's do a follow-up to our series on the Five Love Languages -- the Neurodivergent Love Languages. 

There's quite a bit of internet content regarding Neurodivergent Love Languages (this link is a good place to start, for example). I'll cover them all in detail in due course, but right now, my focus is on one particular language: deep pressure (otherwise known as, Please Crush My Soul Back Into My Body). 

For the past several days, I have felt a kind of thoroughly unexpected desire to be hugged tightly and at length (which is not normally how I like to be hugged).  Swaddled, perhaps? That might work. I have a small weighted blanket, perhaps I should get that out and see if it helps. 

I am assuming this yearning is due to the fair amount of stress incurred during the unexpected trip north, which, while it did go as smoothly as possible, was nevertheless A LOT. 

Let's see if this new need fades, or increases, over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment