Saturday, November 5, 2022

Solo Adventures

Everyone else in the household had plans to do various things today, so I decided to take myself to the Zoo. I'd been wanting to go to the Zoo for a while, and it seemed like a very good day to do so: partially sunny, breezy, a chill in the air -- perfect walking weather.  

Off I went. I did feel vaguely awkward as a solitary middle-aged woman at a location so clearly geared toward families with young children; however, my goal is to become more comfortable just Doing Things and Going Places by myself, so I pretended I was unbothered while I took a lengthy stroll. There were a lot of changes since the last time I had been to the Zoo; there were not many animals, but there was an abundance of activities -- climbing structures, merry-go-round, face-painting, and more -- to make the Zoo a more interactive experience. Nice improvements to the Zoo, I think. 

I got myself a late lunch on the way home to round out the trip. All in all, it was a successful expedition, and it was motivational to plan additional excursions in the future. So far, so good. 

Please enjoy a few photos of the adventure. 

Tiger snoozing in the sun. 

Lion taking a stroll. 

I have always liked this statue.

The Mexican wolves, all lined up like dogs in the sun.

The solitary meerkat. A small sign said,
don't worry, we are arranging for new friends for him.

The red river hogs.
The one on the left was chirping in a bird-like manner. Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment