Friday, December 2, 2022

Routine Mainenance, Nearly Complete

 This week was positively replete with maintenance appointments. 

The kidney doctor reported that all the screens looked good, no sign of any further kidney stones -- and so, I have been released into the wild, with no further need for follow-up unless additional kidney stones appear. Yay! 

The dermatologist conducted just a routine survey. We didn't do the whole-body review (I only feel a need for that once a year), but we did take a close look at the problematic areas, especially my face with the previous MOHS surgery sites. Everything seems OK, with nothing obviously new having appeared. Free for another six months. Yay! 

The neurologist appointment was a little more important, since I am desperately seeking better help for the migraines that have increased in frequency and severity lately. We've agreed to try one more medication for the next six weeks.  It's one I've tried before but did not have success with -- but I suspect the previous failure was due to encountering a very strong migraine trigger at the time. Now that I have a better feel for the triggers, perhaps it might be helpful after all.  Here's hoping. The next step will be medicinal Botox, which I need to research. I'm a little bit in despair at this point. 

The only appointment remaining on the calendar this year is one more follow up from the recent surgery, the last week of the month. Things feel okay, and so I can be brave for that one. 

I will be glad not to think about what is happening body-wise for a bit after that. I would like to just... be.

No comments:

Post a Comment