Sunday, May 17, 2020

Pandemic Thoughts, Five

Herself speaks.

I have reached a new level of numbness in the ongoing Weirdness that is the Pandemic. I do not feel fear, nor panic; nor anger; nor frustration with the situation. Nor even love -- which, if I did feel feelings, would make me sad to admit.

I go through the motions, I do what is needed. I think I might break, though, if one Feeling seeps through the Wall I have built for protection during this time.
-----

While scrolling fruitlessly through Facebook this afternoon, I came across a National Geographic post with footage of a blue whale nursing her calf. And I thought about that mama whale, moving serenely through the ocean with her child, and I marveled at the serenity. What would it be like, moving slowly, purposefully, peacefully through the quiet waters?

I do not know.
-----
Perhaps a little music will help. Let's try John Legend and Alicia Keys, Let It Be


No comments:

Post a Comment