Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Distraction

Herself speaks.

Lots of us have developed Pandemic Pastimes: making sourdough bread apparently is a popular choice, for example. Others have taken up knitting, or learning a new instrument, or organizing all of their closets. Or staring blankly out into nothing. Lots of that, more than we are all willing to admit, no doubt.

I've chosen to peruse recreational vehicles. Class C RVs, in particular. I'm not entirely sure why -- it's unlikely I'll actually ever purchase one. Perhaps it's the idea of the freedom implied by a home on wheels.

Sometimes, I look for a small RV: 25 feet, perhaps, but with all the amenities of kitchen/bathroom/bed. Good for a trip somewhere. Sometimes, I contemplate a slightly larger RV: no more than 32 feet, with more storage space, the addition of a couch. Something that would be satisfactory for longer-term habitation.

I don't generally look at price; it's immaterial since I'm not in the market. I do look for things such as ample cabinets, a pantry, a little bit of counter space, room to stow a few things in the bathroom, a flat surface for my glasses next to the (preferably walk-around) bed. Not too many slide-outs. Not all models have everything; I pick and choose as to what is most important.

One option that I find particularly pleasing, when I am contemplating larger RVs, is the Jayco Greyhawk 30X.It has so many of the features I find desirable: A walk-around bed, a bedside table area, counter space next to the sinks (both kitchen and bathroom), a pantry, ample storage space. Lovely. I think that it's a bit large to imagine toodling around the country in, unfortunately; perhaps, though, I just need to re-tool my imagination for slightly different adventure.

I'm still working on finding the perfect smaller RV. The Jayco Melbourne 24L comes close; though it lacks a bedside table, it does have good storage and counter space, and I especially like the round kitchen sink. The Jayco Redhawk 22J is also appealing; although the size of the kitchen sink means that there is little counter space, it does have excellent bedside tables, and also includes good wardrobe and pantry space. Decisions, decisions.

I'm searching other manufacturers now. Many of the models have very similar layouts, and so it is the small things that are the deciding factors. We shall see if I find other models of interest.

I may never actually get in and take a drive, but it is still a nice escape inside my head for the moment.
The 2020 Jayco Melbourne, found here:
https://www.jayco.com/products/class-c-motorhomes/2020-melbourne/24l/

No comments:

Post a Comment