Friday, May 1, 2020

Let It Be

Herself speaks.

Tiny Dog had another seizure last night. It lasted about a minute and a half -- forever, it seemed.  Fortunately we had the wherewithal to film a bit of it so that we can show the vet exactly what happened. She was a little groggy, agitated, and unsteady afterward, but eventually settled down to a peaceful night. She has spent much of today tucked inside my shirt while I work from home. She seems a bit tired, but still feisty.

Because of pandemic restrictions, our regular vet had no appointments available until next Friday. My only other option was to drop Tiny Dog off at the vet's office, so that they could look at her whenever they could squeeze her in. Given her personality and her grade VI heart murmur, I thought spending all day trembling in a cage alone at the vet's office would be a Very Bad Situation. So now, we wait. We keep her calm and comfortable.

I'm not sure what this portends. All my COVID-related fears are now centered on the mental image of my Tiny Dog alone without her people, and my heart breaks at the very idea.

Tiny Dog. We will do what we can for you.

Here is a song for you, with a kindred spirit. Malinda serenades a feisty tiny dog with Let It Be. Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment