Monday, December 12, 2022

Insured

 The other evening, Offspring the Second and I were communicating about health insurance. He is picking a new plan. We went over premiums, co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles, how to balance all the things. 

I realized: he is a fully-fledged adult. And I am so incredibly proud of him.

-----

I don't write often about Offspring the Second, because he is an extremely private person. But he launched himself into the world on his own a little more than a year ago now. He found himself a job, and another job, and an apartment, and overcame some tricky obstacles, and purchased a vehicle, and navigated vehicle insurance, and done all the grown-up things, and has flourished. He asks for nothing (even though I would happily give him anything). He is Getting It All Done, all on his own. Which, I think, was his ultimate goal when he left home.

He's so bright, so diligent, so thoughtful. So quietly observant. Witty. Delightful. I miss having him at home. Yet I am so glad that he is achieving his goals. 

My lovely young man. Well done. I hope life continues to bring you everything your heart desires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment