Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Tiny Ray of Sunshine

Yesterday morning, I took Tiny Dog to the vet for a follow up on her heart disease. 

I read back over all of her records, the vet said. I didn't realize that she has had heart disease for *so long*. Four years! She is doing really well, all things considered. She's on all the meds we have available for heart disease right now, so if she starts going downhill again, all we can do is increase the diuretic. You have done a really good job with all her pills all this time. 

I am reasonably sure that he was kindly advising me that Tiny Dog's days are numbered and that we've done the best we can for her.

It's hard to wait, Not Knowing, for what is inevitable. In the meanwhile, though, we do what we can to enjoy her. The weather is good, so I take her out to bake in the sunshine a little bit here and there. We go for a short walk in the early evening. She gets good meals. I wear her in the dog sling while I do my chores -- I know it's a little bananas, but she truly seems to enjoy it, and I want to make sure that she feels comfortable, safe, and loved for however much time she has left. 

We love you, Tiny Dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment