Wednesday, August 17, 2022

In Sickness and in Health

Married, 31 years today.

It was a quiet anniversary celebration: work as usual, a take-out dinner eaten at a social distance to try to ensure Beloved Husband does not become re-infected with COVID, an exchange of thoughtful gifts and cards, and finally, him falling asleep in his comfy chair while was in my study, putting black electrical tape over the printer power button so I don't have to keep unplugging it when I retire to my quarantine lair for the evening. 

This is marriage for over half one's lifetime, in the heart of late Pandemic. The time has all gone by in the blink of an eye, as we have grown into middle age, both separately and together. I look forward to seeing what the future still holds. 

Happy anniversary, Beloved. 




1 comment: