Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Struggle is Real

Herself speaks.

I've really been struggling with migraine lately. It is a drag on my whole system, my quality of life, my ability to think and be productive. Migraine always comes with its companion Dementors of what ifs and wanting unattainable things and the grief beast, so things have been hard, to say the least. I have an appointment soon with my primary care physician, and perhaps she will be able to help. I'm not optimistic, because migraine also comes with a side order of feeling hopeless. We'll see.

Meanwhile, Tiny Dog is retaining more fluid from the heart failure, despite the diuretics. We've increased them with advice from the vet, but there isn't much improvement. Breathing is harder. Nighttime is the worst. She struggles. 

I know it's nearly her Time. 

The idea of her absence, after 10 years of her presence, is terrible. 

I just want to fold up into myself. 

One day at a time. One hour at a time. 

Onward we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment