Monday, May 24, 2021

Seven

Yesterday marked the seventh anniversary of The Unmooring. Much of the day was spent in visiting with various vaccinated relatives. It was nice and normal on the one hand, and exhausting on the other hand. (I've gotten used to social isolation and need to better pace myself with reentry.) I did not have sufficient time over the weekend to process how far I have traveled since the Unmooring. I am not sure that I have completely adjusted to my new normal in some ways. Perhaps I never will. Perhaps, after all this time, I'm just doing my best. That's all I can ask of myself.

I want to find some moments to process some feelings that have bubbled up, but I'm having difficulty doing so with all the errands and routine car maintenance visits and the catching-up with people and work and pets and Help My Brain Is Tired. I need some solace, a good meal, a nap, and a lengthy hug. 

I'll get there, with time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment