Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Godspeed, My Fine Fur Friend

The Rainbow Bridge has gained a fine small dog. New Old Dog crossed over this morning, when a series of seizures throughout the night made it clear that he was ready to Go. 

This note is for him: 

When we adopted you from the rescue two years ago, you were named "Chico". However, Offspring the Third said you looked like a "Hank". Since you were already 12 years old, I didn't want to confuse you with a whole new name, and so you became Chico Hank. It took us a few weeks to figure out you were nearly deaf and it didn't matter what we called you. I mostly called you "my buddy."

You were a good and faithful dog, with a cheerful trot and an enjoyment of fuzzy blankets, and your favorite pasttime was sitting on the couch together. You loved me unquestioningly right from the start, and I will always be grateful for your devotion.

Godspeed, Chico Hank, and thank you for your time with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment