Sunday, September 23, 2018

Wrong

Herself speaks.

I loathe Donald Trump as I have never loathed another human being. His attitudes; his carelessness; his flippancy; his deliberate ignorance; his misogyny, racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia; and his disregard for so many other human beings. For starters. Until my dying day, I will remember that terrible moment when I realized that he would in fact win the presidential election: where I was standing, the news statistics on the television, the overwhelming "HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING?" I am nauseated again, thinking about it.

And his tweets. YE GODS, HIS TWEETS. Most recently there is the tweet which inspired the hashtag, #whyIdidntreport. Look at how Kavanaugh's accuser is being treated. She is Every Woman, and women will no longer be Silent. The volcano erupts: so many of us, boiling with anger, done with keeping quiet, exploding in rage about the assaults that we, for a million different reasons, kept quiet. If you have the strength, read the stories. This is what it is like to be a woman. So many hidden terrible moments that subtly (or overtly) changed the courses of our lives or the lives of our friends, neighbors, daughters, sisters. And we are now finally speaking, because the President casts aspersions on all of us who have not spoken out.

If you read #whyIdidntreport, and still do not understand better why women don't report, perhaps you should go home and re-think your life.

----
All this being said: there is one more thing that is in the news that sits also as wrong with me. That is: Stormy Daniels' revelations in her upcoming book regarding "graphic descriptions of the President's anatomy."

First of all: I could have gone to my grave not knowing what Donald Trump's penis appears to look like. This is information I did not need. NO ONE needs it. Ever.

That aside: as reprehensible as I find Donald Trump to be (see above), I nevertheless think that it is unacceptable to tease, taunt, or mock anyone for something as private as the appearance of one's genitals. Even Donald Trump.

My personal opinion: when one agrees to be physically naked with another person, one forms an unwritten contract to treat the other person's nakedness with respect. Whatever transpires is between the two of you, and there it should stay. Even when one of the parties is an adult film star, and even if the world has seen all of the unclothed bits of one (or even both) of the parties -- there is absolutely no legitimate reason to shame or humiliate a sexual partner. In fact, I would encompass sexual proclivities and abilities, difficulties and foibles, into the contract: such things are a nakedness of a piece of the psyche, and all nakedness should engender the same respect.

I do not feel bad for Donald Trump, though. This one attempt to humiliate him will be lost in the sea of those who are suffering at his hands, directly or indirectly.

All I can feel, right now, is the rage of Women.

Toad 3D Land.png
 https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44629967

No comments:

Post a Comment