Saturday, September 8, 2018

Valley Music

This evening's earworm: Goodbye to You (Ben Harper).

This is one of the many excellent tracks on the Call It What It Is album. I have the CD in my car: it is a solid choice when the radio or Pandora is insufficient (or when there is no signal). In fact, on the long trip back from The Task, it was my only option as I drove through the mountain pass.

Unfortunately, for this reason the album is now intertwined in my head with The Task. I am trying to reclaim the music by listening to it in different settings. I found some of the tracks as acoustic versions on Youtube, and these renditions are just different enough that I can enjoy the music without any flashbacks to The Task.

Goobye to You is particularly heartrending when acoustic. It is, though, perhaps even more beautiful.

I hope you enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment