Saturday, September 15, 2018

Waiting

Elderly three-toothed dog is ailing, and so we are visiting the weekend vet. Fortunately a new weekend vet has offices just a few miles from home. We are waiting for the results of his labwork now.

Let us hope that he is merely under the weather, and will perk up soon.

UPDATE 10:22 PM: Elderly three-toothed dog is entering kidney failure. Hopefully, 24 hours of IV fluids will help him flush out his system. We shall see.  I had to leave him at the emergency animal hospital for overnight treatment, and it broke my heart. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

What if he dies without me?

My stoic and elderly fur friend. I hope we have a bit more time together. 


1 comment:

  1. I visited with my sister's tiny dog last weekend when I was home for a funeral. It is amazing how such a tiny little body can hold so much love and affection. Wishing you and yours solace.

    ReplyDelete