Thursday, June 27, 2024

Anniversary/Lens

 Herself speaks.

My calendar reminded me that today is the wedding anniversary of my Daddy's brother and his wife, Uncle S. and Aunt M., who have both passed on. I hope that somewhere, somehow, their spirits are celebrating together. Such kind, gentle, and thoughtful people. Good souls. 

Thinking of them makes me think even more of my lovely Daddy. I have been thinking of him a lot lately.  There are things I wish I could say to him: things I didn't know I wanted to say -- until I had over a year of his absence from this world, and had time to reflect on all I have learned from his being gone.

Sometimes, Daddy, I think I understand you even better now. Or perhaps, I just understand myself better, through the lens of what I perceive parts of your life to have been like.

I miss you, Daddy. 

Rest easy. 

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment