Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Follow-up

Potential TMI alert: body issues. You have been warned!

I had my first post-op follow-up today. In all honesty, I was sweating it a little bit because I was not sure whether I was physically or emotionally ready for an exam. Fortunately, though, it was just a conversation with the doctor about the procedure, strategy for continued treatment/care, and the scheduling of a much latter second appointment for an exam. Phew.

I did learn a couple of things: first, that the condition I was in, was actually worse than the doctor had thought, necessitating a somewhat longer surgery to address matters. It was, however, successful. Hallelujah.  Second, now that we've corrected much of what was clearly a dysfunctional situation, everything -- even ordinary bodily functions -- feels a little weird. In other words, I'm still a little afraid to pee. 

I still need more healing time, but I'm on the road toward recovery. That's good. 

One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment