Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Visit

 Herself speaks.

Apologies for the paucity of words of late. I've been to visit my parents, and it has taken a bit of time to recover from the journey. 

-----

Travel in late-Pandemic is Quite A Thing. At this point, about 10% of the population wear a mask in public; it's best to just close one's eyes and not think about contracting The Plague. At least all of the planes were timely, and people mostly behaved themselves. That's something. 

-----

My parents are fine, all things considered.  Daddy is as brilliant, methodical and contemplative as always, despite being increasingly frail. He's contemplating what to do with all of his memorabilia. We talked about this item and that item; he has earmarked things for me and both of my siblings. I might have been the tiniest bit verklempt, while also fascinated by all of the little pieces of his history.

-----

It's likely I'll be making the trip more frequently over the next year or so. I need to balance the needs of others, against my own needs, and it is complex and requires more mental energy than I have to spare sometimes. 

One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment