Sunday, May 15, 2022

Graduate

 Herself speaks.

This weekend, we watched Offspring the Third graduate from college. It was momentous, and despite the long road there, seemed sudden, somehow.  He has come so far and worked so hard. He's such a Good Egg. We're so very proud of him.

I'm not sure what I'm feeling at the moment. It isn't about me, for sure -- but even as I have watched each of the Offspring walk their own paths as young adults, I feel just a little bit as if I have walked with them. Especially with Offspring the Third. 

Sometimes, the hero of the story needs rest before he charges into battle again. And that's what I'm here for: to be the place of rest, the safe haven for Offspring the Third. It has worked -- for despite the world being hard on him, he has soldiered on, tried and tried again, and found himself and his own success along the way. 

Good job, Offspring the Third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment