Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Flux

 Herself speaks.

It's that time of year, when there are So Many Changes. Everything is out of sorts, all is in flux. I do not have the time to do the things I normally do to try to comfort myself (like clean or organize or even exercise regularly). I am pushing to the limit, though feeling more or less fine -- one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. 

And yet.

Sometimes, there is a little thing -- like the 'low tire pressure' light illuminating on the way home from work late in the evening -- and there is that minuscule moment, when I... wish, just a tiny bit, for just a tiny moment, that I was not the Person Responsible For So Much. Someone else figure out why that light is on. Someone else pick up lettuce for the rabbits. Someone else make dinner, unload the dishwasher. And hug me and tell me it will all be OK and that I'll get through this tough time.

And then I remember, I'm an adult, and it's time to pull myself up by the bootstraps. Do what must be done, as always. 

One foot in front of the other, one day at a time. I'll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment