Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

 Remember a month or two back, when we couldn't find COVID tests anywhere? That problem seems to be resolved. 

-----

I perfected Not Thinking About The Pandemic while visiting my parents and Cherished Friend: masks were rare and social distancing didn't really seem to be a Thing in their locations. After all these months and months and months of keeping to myself and keeping a mask on my face, it was weird to be bare-faced. A bit uncomfortable, actually. I prefer a mask: the scars on my nose from the last MOHS surgery are not visible. (And it's easier not to look like a deranged middle-aged chipmunk when one's face is hidden.) I prefer the anonymity of a face mask. 

I suppose that eventually, I'll need to get used to the idea of presenting my face to the world again. In the meanwhile, though, I can go back to wearing a mask in my home desert land. That works for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment