Sunday, October 4, 2020

Baila Conmigo

Herself speaks.

I'm not a TikTok person (or even an Instagram person). I'm a middle-aged crone; Facebook is my demographic. Nevertheless, sometimes when I scroll aimlessly through Facebook to pass the time before bedtime, TikTok videos are highlighted as something I might be interested in watching. (Along with various episodes of a Chinese telenova. Which, to be honest, looks rather entertaining.) 

Lately, I've seen several TikTok compilations of various people enticing their loved ones to dance, using a lambada-like version of Lewis Capaldi's song, Someone you loved..  (We'll gloss over the fact that the song actually is quite sad.) The vast majority of the videos are young couples, sometimes with young children or pets who jump up to participate; occasionally, though, there's a "grandparents" compilation, too. The videos are quite sweet and charming. 

I'm not one to create my own TikTok. It would be lovely, though, to experience that kind of moment. 

Here's the song, if you'd like to take a listen. And, possibly, find someone with whom to dance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment