Thursday, April 2, 2020

Pandemic Thoughts, Two

Herself speaks.

Everyone carries their own fears, worries, and disappointments right now. Several members of the household suffer from the knowledge that their goals and aspirations are put on hold for several months while the world sorts itself out -- so many Dreams Deferred. I listen to them, but I do not know how to comfort them. What can I say?

I have my own needs and wants. How do I fill those, when I have so little personal space and time to myself? And when everyone else needs tending, too?

I cannot bring myself to ask anyone for anything. They all suffer; they are best if they have no other obligations other than to manage their own suffering, while I to try to manage my own.

I wish for more. And better.

I hope we don't get sick.

God help us.


No comments:

Post a Comment