Monday, October 14, 2019

Tidy

This weekend while everyone was out of the house, I took the opportunity to Tidy All The Things. I moved Offspring the Third's miscellany, that has lingered in the family room since he went off to school, up to his room. I emptied out and rearranged several closets, and found new homes for piles of Stuff such as those that have been occupying the corner of the study forever (the crates of papers from preparation for The Task, and the binders from other tasks). I organized some drawers. I neatly stored in a single location, the memorabilia that had been accumulating in various places. Then I steam-cleaned carpets, wiped down the plantation shutters, and dusted the ceiling fans. 

It is a level of organization that I have long sought but have not had time to put into place. While some people may wonder why I spent quality time to myself on this endeavor, I am quite happy with the results. I find clutter to be exhausting. Now my spaces are tidied, and my brain is tidied. It is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment