Friday, October 25, 2019

Hu

Earlier this week, Beloved Husband, Offspring the Second, and I went to see The Hu in concert.  The event was held in a local dive bar (and in my opinion, a VERY "dive bar" dive bar), packed to the gills with people. I could barely see over the people in front of me to where the band was, in a pit below. Standing room only. Not an event where one would normally find a nondescript portly middle-aged woman such as myself; yet there I was.

Looking down on the pit. Offspring the Second is to the right somewhere.

The Hu is, according to their website, a Mongolian rock band with traditional Mongolian instrumentation, which blends heavy metal and Mongolian throat singing.

They were great.

I'm not into metal music (you would have to talk with Offspring the Second to get substantive information on the genres and musicians that are considered 'metal'). The relatively slow beat, coupled with the slow, deep voices, though, was right up my alley. Excellent.

Here are a couple of samples of their videos: first, The Great Chinggis Khaan.


Also,  Yuve Yuve Yu.


And: Wolf Totem.


You can find more in YouTube at their channel. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment