Sunday, October 18, 2020

Rebound

 Herself speaks.

I've been battling an ongoing headache/migraine/rebound headache cycle.  It has been... a nightmare, in short. The issue is complicated by the fact that I have multiple headache trigger foods, and it is nearly impossible to determine whether it is a new trigger causing a new headache, or whether it is rebound flaring. It makes it difficult to sleep. And hard to work, although there is usually a respite mid-afternoon when I can be productive. 

The hardest part of it all is that when my head hurts, the Dementors make an appearance. All happiness is sucked out of the world, and I am left with my most grim thoughts. And right now, with the state of the world, there are a LOT of grim thoughts. Thoughts I cannot really entertain, because there is nothing I can do to resolve the matters. All I can do is... be afraid.

I desperately need to get Away to a safe place; to not have to think, for a little while, about politics or pandemics or about the physical distance between me and so many of my Important People. Yet I am boxed in by pandemic restrictions, and my own dark thoughts. 

I need Peace. 

I think we all do.

Let's listen to Rag 'n' Bone Man, Skin, for consolation.


No comments:

Post a Comment