Friday, March 1, 2024

Twenty-Nine

 Offspring the Second turned twenty-nine today.

He's fully fledged, living his own life. We don't hear from him terribly often -- he's always been his own person, a Man of Few Words, so it's not surprising.  As time goes by, I find myself missing him more: his quiet wit, his thoughtfulness, the way he would be kind to the elderly pets. His encyclopedic knowledge about all sorts of things. 

He will always be Infinitely Cooler than I am. I'm OK with that. I wish I could touch upon his orbit more often, witness his life a bit more. Maybe I'll try to find a time to go visit his neck of the woods, just to see how he lives. If that's OK with him -- I don't want to intrude. 

I'm so proud of him. I hope he knows. He's such a bright shining star, an intelligent, magnificent human being.

I wish good things for you always, Offspring the Second. Happy birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment