Sunday, June 25, 2023

Weekend Activities

Herself speaks.

Everyone else in the house was away for the past few days, and so I had to figure out what to do with myself for this past weekend. It was a bit tricky -- it was an absolutely roasting 100+ degrees outside, even past 7 PM, so outside activities were limited. There were some potentially-interesting around-town events that I considered, but honestly, they were "with company"-type events, and I couldn't think of a single person I would like to ask to go with me. And once more, I reminded myself: SELF, you should see about finding some local people with whom to pass some time on occasions such as these

Honestly, though, I still just don't have the wherewithal right now. 

So instead, I chose once more to Clean And Organize Things At Home.  This is also a tricky activity, because so many of the things that require cleaning and/or organization are not actually my things. I tried to look at it as a kind of Suburban Household Forest situation: if I were camping in the forest, I would have limited control over the environment, and would have to tolerate a fair amount of clutter and things-that-aren't-mine in the vicinity, because that's just the way it is when one is in the forest.  I am living in a Suburban Household Forest. I will do what I can, and will just have to tolerate the rest as best possible.

I was quite productive, at least: the garage is better, the Room of Requirement is better, behind the bar is now clear, nine bags of donations were donated, cabinets are tidied. There are a few more tasks to complete this evening, but I have regained some control over the environment, as best I can, and I feel good about that. 

Next step: get better control over my social life by cultivating a few local relationships, so that I can spend more time doing casual fun things, instead of cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment