Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Match

 Facebook ads fail again: eHarmony. I ask you, Facebook, how ON EARTH did the algorithm determine this was appropriate for my demographic in general, and for me in particular? 

Think about it, Facebook. I'm 55 and have been married for over 30 years (you know both these things, because the dates are in my profile). Why do you think to mention a need not to "waste more time" on "casual flings"? Even leaving aside my ongoing commitment to the forsaking all others part of my marriage vows, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a casual fling person. Good gravy.

If by some terrible twist of fate I were to find myself single at this point in time, I would immediately go full-on solitary-crone-in-the-woods. Or perhaps independent-Hogwarts-professor, some kind of mix of Professor McGonagall and Professor Trelawny and Professor Sprout -- no nonsense, a little batty, fully embracing my special interests. That sounds like a very good way to carve a place in the world for oneself. 

I do not need to be partnered to be complete: I'm a whole person all by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment