Sunday, June 5, 2022

Itch

 Well, hello, chronic hives, I cannot say that I've missed you. 

You made an  unwelcome appearance about three months ago, too, but I thought that was perhaps a one-time event. Apparently not, though.

It's frustrating, because it's hard to concentrate or accomplish tasks when there is such an itch present.  For example, I've sat here for what seems like eons, trying to find a topic to write about, but all I can think about is whether a fresh ice pack will help with the hives, whether the headache is due to the ice pack, and what if the hives spread someplace problematic like my face or my throat? 

I daydream about existing in a body that cooperates. Imagine, a body that goes about its business without pain or discomfort or excessive reaction to the world around it. 

I wonder what that would be like?

Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment