Sunday, October 3, 2021

That Text

 Herself speaks.

Earlier this week, I got THAT TEXT from one of the Offspring. 

I'm OK. Car is done.

It was handled well; tow truck enlisted, insurance called, everything taken care of. I sort of want details about the accident, and sort of VERY MUCH don't. It's all I can do not to imagine the terribleness. Don't want to encourage catastrophic thinking on my part.

All I can think is: they are OK. My new mantra.

I still feel queasy thinking about it. 

-----

Parenting adult offspring is HARD. They need to find their own paths, explore and make their own choices and go where their hearts lead. 

I just wish that I could keep them safe from the pain -- physical and emotional -- of Life. I know I can't. I'll have to continue to sit back and watch things unfold, and to make sure that they have a soft place to land and a helping hand when needed.

I love them so. I hope they know.


No comments:

Post a Comment