Sunday, October 17, 2021

Spontaneous

Herself speaks.

Despite being a Definitely Not-Spontaneous Person, I was invited to join Beloved Husband who was participating in a four-wheeling fest nearby (about 100 miles away, as the crow flies). And I decided to go.

I pulled out my camping gear box, put a snack and a meal into a cooler, threw some clothes into a bag, and off I went.

All my gear worked Just Right, and I had everything I needed. The drive was pleasant, the sleeping comfortable (despite the occasional giant four-wheeling vehicle passing by like a lumbering stegosaurus). It was nice not to be at the house, feeling obligated to clean or tidy or organize.

The bunnies did just fine for 20 hours without me, which was comforting. (This was the first trial run of their being by themselves overnight.) Now I know that I can, if I so desire, pull out my camping gear box once more and disappear for a short while.

Perhaps I shall.



No comments:

Post a Comment