Saturday, July 6, 2019

Equipment

I took myself to the gym this morning, even though it is the weekend. I don't love going to the gym, because it makes me extremely aware of my current state of overweight-middle-aged-ness, particularly in comparison to the relatively younger and more sprightly clientele who are usually there. I find myself hoping -- or perhaps giving myself internal pep talks -- that with time and persistence, I will at least eventually achieve a healthier weight. It takes a fair amount of effort, though, to beat away the temptation to fall into a pessimistic this is not working at all attitude.

It has only been a week and a half. I can do this. One day at a time.

I treated myself to new sneakers afterward. The excuse being, the more comfortable I feel in my workout attire, the more likely it is that I will stick with it.

I'm determined. Not quite discouraged. And still diligent.  Perhaps that is, for now, the best I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment