Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The People You Choose

The older I get, the more I realize the value of privacy, of cultivating your circle and only letting certain people in. You can be open, honest, and real while still understanding not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life. 
- (from the internet)

I do not make friends easily -- I find most people to be unfathomable. While I have, over time, learned the intricacies of small talk and idle conversation, I find such talk tiring and can only stand it in small portions. I seek more from those important to me.

Somehow over these years, I have miraculously made the right choices in building my circle. It is a small circle indeed, but it is made of the highest quality of person I could possibly have found. Lucky am I.


Picture copyright 2019, Mediocria Firma
All rights reserved. Used with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment