Monday, April 29, 2019

Finishing the Book

A photo essay of the weekend, from Herself.

This past weekend, Beloved Husband, Cherished Friend, and I all met at a regional campground for a bit of camping. It was a much-needed respite from Everything. (I was especially grateful that Cherished Friend made the trip, for his travel time was twice mine, and I worried that we were inconveniencing him by choosing a destination that was farther away for him. It always means a great deal to me when he travels for these Adventures.) 

The weather, though a bit hot, was rather pleasant,
especially in the morning and the evening.

I don't know whether New Old Dog had ever been camping before, but he took to it quite well.

He had a nap on my sleeping bag,
though he had a foldable crate for nighttime.

Beloved Husband spent several hours one day fishing in the nearby lake. He enjoys fishing, and I am glad to see him spending time doing the things he enjoys.

A wee vehicle and an inflatable kayak make for a good time.

We even had a small campfire, just for good measure.

Just for ambience.

The last day, Beloved Husband left first -- he and his wee vehicle were taking the back roads home -- and a bit later, Cherished Friend left as well. And so the small dogs and I spent an extra hour and a half, sitting on our chair under a tree, while I finished my book. The campground was nearly empty, the breeze was light, and the birds were singing. It was very restful. I should do that more often.

1 comment: