Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Close

Herself speaks.

Sunday morning, I was taking care of a few things in the kitchen while Beloved Husband and Cherished Friend sat outside on the patio. Although I could not hear what they were saying, I could hear the ebb and flow of their voices as they talked. The sound washed over me like quiet waves at the edge of the ocean -- soothing and consoling, both. I thought about how very lucky I was to have them there, and held a blossom of joy in my heart.

If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can reimagine the scent of that flower, even now.

Grateful am I, beyond words.

Close friendships are one of life's miracles--that a few people get to know you deeply, all your messy or shadowy stuff along with the beauty and sweetness, and they still love you. Not only still love you, but love you more and more deeply. I would do anything for my closest friends, and they would do almost anything for me, and that is about as spiritual a truth as you can get. -- Anne Lamott


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quote -- one of these days I may have to swipe it for my blog ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete