Thursday, September 24, 2015

Carry-You Me

Herself speaks.

Here is one more picture from the pile of pictures my parents delivered to me the other day. The photo was taken while I attended a wedding when Offspring the Second was just two months old. I wore him in the baby sling for part of the reception, and it kept him (and me) content.

How I loved that baby sling. I wore each Offspring in it in turn when they were small. Offspring the Third was particularly fond of the baby sling; when he was a wee tiny boy and would run out of energy, I would ask him, "Would you like me to carry you?" and he would respond by holding up his arms so I could pick him up and put him in the sling. Eventually he began to speak, and when he was fatigued he would hold up his arms and ask, "Carry-you me?" Thus, the sling became the "carry-you". I have the carry-you here even today, stored among my most treasured possessions.

Such a sweet reminiscence, the carry-you.


No comments:

Post a Comment