Saturday, April 30, 2011

Snail

In rereading and reflecting upon the blog entries of the past few weeks, Herself is rather dismayed and just a trifle embarrassed to see so clearly the truly sad undertones that are present in so many of the posts. She has been unable to hide the fact that her soul has been considerably challenged of late, and the only way I have been able to help her is to allow her the opportunity to describe her distress here in the blog.  It has been useful - I can see that when she no longer has to carry her anguish silently within her, she is able to see better the path that she must take to keep moving forward.

She asks me to apologize to you for her being so visibly raw.  So I do.  Yet, I hope that rather than generating pity or discomfort, her openness will instead bring you to a better understanding of your own humanity.  Know that in your own moments of sorrow, solace can be found, and that you too can draw upon your own inner strength and persevere.  Know, too, that she and I are here for you, and that together, we can get to where we need to go.

By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon



No comments:

Post a Comment