Sunday, December 17, 2023

Store Your Heart

Herself speaks.

It was a nice day today, so I thought I would do some tidying-up around the outside of the house. I decided to tackle the side yard, for starters.  I threw away accumulated miscellany, and made room in a storage bin for one of Offspring the Third's metal works -- the anatomically-correct heart sculpture. It no longer pumps fluids (thank goodness), but the framework remains intact. I enjoy this piece of art. It speaks to me.

Someday, I would like to own a little piece of land somewhere, and put a tiny house on it -- perhaps a single-wide, or a camper-trailer, or some other sort of cabin or miniature abode. Just enough for a sanctuary to call my own. And I will install this heart on it, make it my Heart Haven, and only those who bring me peace will be allowed to visit me and the heart sculpture there.

Until then, I'll store the heart safely, where it will be unharmed by the elements. A lot can happen to a heart, unexpectedly, even if it's seemingly secure -- best to keep it where it's most likely to be protected, just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment