Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Inflection Point

 Herself speaks.

Sometimes, there is a moment in time which turns into an Inflection Point: life's trajectory bends one way beforehand, and angles off in a different direction afterward. Such moments may be invisible -- like in the movies, when the protagonist stops to tie a shoe, and misses the fateful bus that would have crashed and cut short an otherwise long and fruitful life. Or they may be profound, as when the villain is at last defeated and the villagers can finally begin to live in peace. 

Or, the moment can be a conversation that causes reevaluation of history, as well as reassessment of how to move forward. Did I do the right things? What are the right things? Did I do all I could, given the information I had? What happens next? 

I participated in one of those conversations this past weekend. It's not (solely) my story to share, and so the details won't appear here. Still, the earth's axis has shifted ever so slightly, and I find myself just a bit uncertain as to where I am. With time, the new pathway will become clearer. In the meanwhile, I am trying to corral a multitude of Feelings run rampant. 

Perhaps I should just let them run for a bit. 

The only thing I know at the moment is: I have always done the best I can. (I think that's what everyone does, really.) And that's what I'll continue to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment