Friday, January 29, 2021

Ripples of Relief

Wheels are in motion.  

Some of the people most important to me have received their first dose of a COVID vaccine: my parents, my in-laws, Cherished Friend. The rest of us are doing what we can to get into one line or another to try to get the vaccine ourselves. As I was told by a doctor during a telemedicine visit this week, it's a lot like trying to score concert tickets online. Yes, it is. I want that ticket. I NEED that ticket. 

It's hard to be patient, but I know that other people's needs are greater than mine -- especially in our medical communities, which are so exhausted. At the beginning of another telemedicine visit this week, when I asked the doctor how he was, he replied with a little sigh, oh, trying not to die of COVID. The poor man. My heart. It didn't even occur to me until later that he might have been making a literal comment, rather than just one about the state of the world in which we currently live. Universe, have mercy on this man. 

I will only begin to rest easier when the Offspring, Beloved Husband, and I are all vaccinated as well. Hopefully, soon.  

Soon is relative.

Someday, though, we'll be able to more safely venture into the world again. 

Photo Copyright 2020, 2021, Mediocria Firma.
All rights reserved. Used with gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment