Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Overflow

Herself speaks.

So many feelings. Too many.

The primary ones:

RAGE. Rage that people refuse to wear a mask because of a disbelief in science, or a belief that their personal "freedom" takes precedence over the common good in the face of a Pandemic; that racism is so very alive and flourishing; that the government is a bubbling morass of ineptitude and selfishness and again, racism; that the planet is dying, climate change is ongoing and near catastrophic, species are going extinct, and garbage and pollution are everywhere.

HELPLESS: Helplessness that I am powerless to change any of the things that engender RAGE.

FEAR: That someone I love will become ill.

GRIEF: unexpectedly strong, likely called into being by RAGE and HELPLESSNESS. Grief that I may not be able to see my parents, my siblings, or my Cherished Friend, in person for a very, very, very long time, because Nothing Is Safe.

How much can one heart hold?

It is too much. I think my heart is broken.

What can I do?

Nothing, except stay strong. And wear a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment