Friday, February 14, 2020

So Low, So High

We took Tiny Dog back to the vet to re-check her thyroid levels, as we suspected they were not right. And sure enough: they were unnervingly high.

I am not sure what to make of it -- she clearly had low thyroid previously, complete with multiple symptoms/side effects of hypothyroidism. She stabilized with meds. But now, she is seriously hyperthyroid. We have stopped the pills entirely and will re-check her levels in a few more weeks. Let us hope they are normal then.

My concern now: there is an underlying problem, such as a thyroid tumor, that might be causing/contributing to her issues. Let us hope not. We shall see.

Poor Tiny Dog. The only time she seems content is in the dog carrier. Bless her. 

I will do the best I can for you, my tiny fur friend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment