Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Old and New

Herself speaks.

We've reached the end of the year. Amen, hallelujah, onward and upward.

This is the first year in a very long time that I didn't reach the end of the year and think, "well, this year was really hard, and I hope next year will be better."  At the risk of incurring notice by the Universe of my having received some unjust good fortune, I will say that this was not a bad year, all things considered. There were some difficult moments, but also some meaningful occasions. There were some transitions, including some that will bridge the turn of the new year. Life has, most of all, marched onward. 

I'm grateful that we've all reached the end of the year with relative good health, and hope for more of the same as we move forward. I hope most of all that the people I love find tranquility, contentment, success, meaning and purpose in the year ahead. 

We shall see what the new year brings. Good luck to us all. 

I hope that all of you find a warm and safe haven in which to rest when you are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment