Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Rojo

Herself speaks.

I have followed Rojo the llama on Facebook for some time now. I have always liked llamas, and Rojo has always been a thoroughly wonderful specimen. I would like to meet him in person. Because Llama. And because Rojo.

Alas, this will never come to pass: today his keepers posted the very sad news that Rojo's health is declining rapidly, and tomorrow, he will go to meet his Maker.

Why is this almost unbearably sad? I don't know this llama personally.

Perhaps it is the loss to the world of such a droll, friendly, happy animal. One furry silly-toothed llama has helped us not to think about the frustrations and sorrows of ordinary life. And one cheerful llama can provide a momentary reprieve when the world seems to be a Raging Dumpster Fire. We are grateful, Rojo, for your time among us.

Is there a Llama Valhalla? I hope so.

Godspeed, Rojo.

No photo description available.
Photo found on Facebook, here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment