Friday, September 27, 2019

Fishing

Herself speaks.

Beloved Husband is very fond of fishing. He has his carefully-arranged tackle, rods, and accoutrements, and his kayaks. He will easily spend seven hours on a weekend day, out fishing.  He's also working on learning fly fishing; there is much watching of educational YouTube videos, and practicing of casting in the backyard, and such.

I'm glad he has a hobby he enjoys. He might like if I went with him, but fishing does not remotely appeal to me -- the hot sun, the sticky/wiggly bait, the poor desperate fish trying to escape the hook. No, thank you.

The only time I have ever been fishing, was when I was tiny. I would gleefully dip the end of my plastic rod, with the plastic fish already attached, into the water and swish it about. And in truth, that would be the only way I would enjoy fishing now: with a plastic fish. And in the shade.

I'll need to find some other hobbies for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment