Saturday, February 23, 2019

Elements

I am fond of those silly Facebook quizzes: What spice are you? "Turmeric." (OK then!) What decade are you? The 1930s. (I'm the Great Depression!?)  What 80s movie character are you? ("Sarah Conner." That's good! Or "Jessica Rabbit." Must be the boobs.) Which Christmas character are you? "Elf." (I think we all knew that one before I even took the quiz.)

Sometimes in the quizzes, there is a question relating to the elements: Which do you identify most with - earth, water, fire, air? 

I never know how to answer that question. None of the above? I don't know enough about the traditional "character" of each element to pick one. So for amusement, I searched the internet for quizzes for Which element are you? I took several quizzes. I got: "water", "fire", "water", "air" and "earth".  Well, that doesn't help at all. 

I might read some more, just for entertainment purposes. In the meanwhile, here are two songs that have been in my Pandora rotation recently, that are both a bit water-themed. I hope you enjoy. 

First, James Bay, Hold Back The River.


And then, Vance Joy, Fire and the Flood.


No comments:

Post a Comment