Tuesday, February 13, 2018

What Would Freud Say?

Herself speaks.

Over the past several nights, I have had some strange dreams.

In a first, I dreamt that I was preparing ingredients to go into the CrockPot for dinner, but there were too many vegetables and I could not put them all into the pot. They were all such good vegetables, though, that I wanted to find a way to include all of them.

In a second, I dreamt that someone had rearranged the furniture in my work office, and there were too many pieces of furniture -- a desk, a credenza, several round tables, a sideboard, and others -- and I could not figure out how to arrange the furniture to fit properly in the office. The desk and the matching sideboard were a lovely dark wood with intricate carvings, though, that I was working to find a way to ensure they were positioned just the right way, while still having room at a separate round table for people to meet and work together.

Oh, dear. What would Freud say?

It's quite clear that I have MANY things going on right now, and that they are all important, but that I'm having trouble making sure they are all adequately addressed.

Alas.

One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment