Saturday, February 10, 2018

Journey

Herself speaks.

For one of my current tasks (an enjoyable one, I must add), I drive 40 miles to and fro, twice a week. On the way home, the sun is just setting; it is a lovely time of day. Just Right for a little music, a pleasant drive, and contemplation of Things.

Sometimes I think about the Things I must do.
Sometimes I think about what I will do when I am done with the Things I must do.
Sometimes I think about what I might do, if I had time to do things other than the Things.

Sometimes I just think about the people in my life, and how grateful I am for them. That is the best time of all. 

1 comment:

  1. I had to donate my car before I moved ... and though I have use of a car now, it is not mine. Weird that it should matter. I miss driving MY car ... especially the really long drives of over 2 hours, where I could dig in, be alone, sing, listen to podcasts and usually cry. I don't know how the car turned into the safe space, but it did. I miss it. And I am going car shopping very soon.

    ReplyDelete