Saturday, January 14, 2023

Sometimes

Apologies for my absences. I have many thoughts -- many of which I do not want to think -- and am moving through life at the moment as best I can, avoiding not only thoughts, but interactions with other people, and with the environment, and with everything, if I am honest. 

If I can cocoon myself in as little sensory input as possible, perhaps I will be able to soothe myself into a better state of mind. One day at a time. One hour at a time.

Today's earworm: U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.  Because much as we like to be self-sufficient and alone in times of difficulty, sometimes it may be OK to reach out and ask for someone else to be there. 

You don't have to go it alone. 

And sometimes, the people who are there can help bring song back to your heart, when you have  forgotten how to sing for yourself. 

Sing, you're the reason I sing 
You're the reason why the opera is in me.

Thank you, U2, for a classic that hits just right in a time of need. 



No comments:

Post a Comment